Public charging

Public charging

Share charging know-how and review charger locations when out and about.

Create post
  • •••
(73)
R
Trip from Newport to Crescent Head

My question is about EV charging on the route north of Sydney. In one week I will be travelling from Newport to Crescent head and am concerned about the best charging stations on my way. I would appreciate any advice that might be forthcoming from someone who has experienced travelling this route

Question

New EV Chargers planned locations

Is there a site that shows where all planned fast EV chargers will be located?

Question

Official Solution

GR

Greetings…just joined group. Have a Mercedes GLC300e phev. Have never managed to work out what would be needed by way of an adaptor to use at a public charging station so only ever charged at a home power point. Vehicle regularly gives me 45 kms which often sufficesfor months on end, for our mostly

Question

Are there any other Polestar 2 owners out there?

I love my Polestar 2 and can absolutely recommend it. I haven't encountered any problems to date. I would love to hear of other owners, especially about charging for long journeys, from Sydney to Melbourne say..

Question

Caravan towing

Thinking of purchasing a small caravan, I have an XC40 twin electric and the charging point is on the left rear. Would I need to unhitch or can you purchase an extender cable for fast chargers? I want to go on long trips requiring multiple chargers in one day and the only way I can see to do this is

Question

Some new NRMA chargers installed to power Fully Charged and give more CBD top up options

The NRMA Energy has installed 15 AC Chargers in the Sydney ICC parking bays (P1 & P2) which supports charging for 25 EVs. These become part of the NRMA EV charging network and will play an integral role for the Fully Charged event this weekend as all the test drive EVs will be using these charge

Idea

Why are so many NRMA chargers broken?

And why for so long? What is going on ? Who is going to fix it and how? when?

Question

“Sorry, I went ballooning:” It’s high time charging networks cracked down on EV squatters

Although an extreme case, a recent article by thedriven.io made mention of an EV owner who had taken up one of only two charging bays at one of our fast charging locations, The Farm in Byron Bay. The EV owner was nowhere to be seen, but returned some hours later after enjoying a hot air balloon expe

Problem

When can we expect pricing options to be finalised?

Many are surely curious what the pricing model will be in the end. What is the rollout schedule for User-pays charging?

Question

Phil

My wife & I have been lucky enough to do a number of road trips since our Tesla Model 3 arrived in November last year. Early this year we did around 2,500km using the NRMA chargers only. It certainly impresses ICE drivers when we say ... cost of fuel for the trip ... $0. Thanks so much to NRMA

Idea

Solutions

View More