Stonecottages's profile
New user

New user

• 

16 Messages

Saturday, February 25th, 2023 9:48 PM

New EV Chargers planned locations

Is there a site that shows where all planned fast EV chargers will be located?

Bronze user

• 

72 Messages

2 years ago

If you check out the NRMA network map you can see the location of the various yellow "under construction" markers. I don't know if there are any others on the planning horizon. Perhaps NRMA might comment?

New user

• 

16 Messages

@bje​ thanks, I can see the 'under-construction' yellow markers on the Plugin app and  NRMA app map Pleased to see a Dorrigo charger is coming, we need more in country towns! We really need an App that requires EV driver checkin or shows when they are in use.

(edited)

Bronze user

• 

72 Messages

I assume you're familiar with PlugShare? In addition to showing you where chargers are, you check in and let people know you're at one, and for how long you intend to stay. It's really, really valuable, especially for the NRMA chargers.

(edited)

New user

• 

16 Messages

yes - and I use it to check-in, though I did call it the Plugin App above

Community support

• 

25 Messages

Hey @bje & @Stonecottages, we're sorry for not getting back to you sooner on this one. Growing our EV charger network is a big priority for us at the NRMA. We believe that our role is to help support road users as the country moves toward an electric future. 

It is important to us that we're not only expanding the network of chargers across NSW, but that we are also providing a strong and reliable system that EV drivers can trust. For this reason we put a lot of planning into the where, when and how of adding new chargers.

Keeping an eye on the network map is the best way to see new charger locations, and also following our social media channels where we post updates and news is the best way to be kept up to date on our plans. The EV community is also a fantastic way to get news relating to EVs as we try to prioritise posting news here before other channels. 

EV community admin

New user

• 

15 Messages

2 years ago

Can I recommend an NRMA charging station in Nelson Bay, the Golf Club and Bowling Club both have excellent car parks very close to HV Transformers that are not the prime parking spots for their clients. There is no DC chargers at all in the area and only a couple of public destination chargers.

Bronze user

• 

246 Messages

Hello @TomL I am so sorry for the delay in reply here. Thanks for also sharing your feedback on some more charging locations too. I've passed this over to the team who are looking at our long-term strategy which will include adding further charging infrastructure to our already existing network. Would having locations here make it easier for your trips or open up more destinations? 

EV community admin

New user

• 

15 Messages

Yes, it is a very popular tourist region with almost no charging infrastructure at the moment. Visitors from Sydney would need a charging option to be able to visit and return home.