Public charging

Public charging

Share charging know-how and review charger locations when out and about.

Create post
  • •••
(73)
How the NRMA is planning the next stage of EV charging for Australians

From the transition from horse and cart to automobiles in the 1920s, to the dawn of the electric vehicle era today, NRMA has been a trusted guide, tackling the evolving challenges of transportation. Now, we are readying to take the next ambitious step in our mission to be a reliable and trustworthy

Announcement

NSW South Coast - Very few charging stations

A quick question - more to NRMA. Love the network you are setting up. All charging networks are understandably building the Hume capacity, however the Princes Hwy is dry as the nullabor for charging stations, particularly below Nowra. The large population around Ulladulla/Milton, has zero DC. I w

Question

Charging at Tesla supercharger

I recently tried to charge my GWM Ora at the Campbelltown Catholic Club supercharger but kept getting that no car was detected. Is this from GWM’s end or Tesla.

Problem

Batemans Bay NRMA chargers not on EV map

There are two NRMA chargers at the Batemans Bay Regional Arts Aquatic and Leisure centre that are not shown on the NRMA EV map. They are however shown on PlugShare, which is good. The other NRMA charger in Batemans Bay on Beach Road is now broken. Since the NSW south coast is very low on EV cha

Idea

Sydney Olympic Park charger will be out of service on 3 August 2023

Dear community, please be advised that our Sydney Olympic Park charger will be out of service from 7:30am tomorrow (3 Aug) for most of the day due to a change of equipment. Plugshare and our website are updated! Apologies for any inconvenience.

Question

Too Many Out of Service, Slow Chargers and Cars staying parked in Bays

Recently did a round trip from Avalon (Northern Beaches, Sydney) to Merimbula. Went inland route as not confident of range on coastal route.  Have done the trip to Canberra before but the weather was warm so battery more efficient. Have to say I ended up with range anxiety as the demand was hi

Problem

Automate Check-in

Check-in should be automatic when you log into whatever app you are using. It should also include an estimate of how long you will be there for. Makes for easier trip planning and less range anxiety. 

Idea

Plugshare Login & NRMA Membership

Glad to share that I've been on the road again on My BYD Atto3. Drove from Sydney to the Gold Coast and back. It was a pleasant and enjoyable one. The weather was brilliant! First stop Nabiac Park, NRMA Charger. Overcast day, dew drops still on the grass, council service people were mowing the oval

Idea

End NRMA free charging

The NRMA 50 kW chargers around NSW are now being overused because they are free. When travelling through towns with NRMA fast chargers, it is common to encounter locals at these chargers using them because it's cheaper than charging at home (I know because I've spoken to them!) There is no justifica

Problem

Tesla charging for non-Teslas

I recently went to Narooma from Sydney to meet some mates, and took the opportunity to charge at the Tesla charging station. Tesla have recently advertised that non Tesla users can charge from some of their stations. Narooma is one of them. I downloaded the app, and plugged my MG ZS into each of

Question

Solutions

View More