Public charging

Public charging

Share charging know-how and review charger locations when out and about.

Create post
  • •••
(73)
K
Sydney to the Barossa and back using NRMA chargers

We recently completed a 2,922km trip from Sydney through Canberra, Wagga, Hay to the Barossa Valley then return through Hay and Cowra. On that route, we used several Destination Chargers at Motels and were very appreciative of the NRMA chargers strategically located along our route. We are NRMA m

Problem

How busy are the different NRMA sites?

For anyone interested, I have been collecting data on the NRMA chargers from PlugShare. I have now plotted the number of new PlugShare check-ins at each site over the past three months. While not every driver reliably uses PlugShare, if we assume that PlugShare is used at the same rate across the NR

Idea

Simple courtesy at chargers

I've adopted a simple procedure at chargers.... If I'm waiting for a charger, I put a note under the windscreen wiper of the vehicle that is charging with my phone number and name so they can txt me when they finish. I keep a few of these pre-printed in my glove box If I'm charging I put a not

Question

Brave New World to Save the Planet or Cottage Industry

I appreciate the focus the NRMA is placing on EV vehicles. I own an (expensive) EV. The car is fantastic and leaving climate change aside EVs are simply better. I have over 100K in solar panels. I have planted over 80000 trees on our farm but we are kidding ourselves if we think we're doing our b

Question

Accepted Solution

Charging in Forbes

Are there any public EV chargers in Forbes NSW? None show up on plugshare

Question

three phase power points- cheap and easy solution in the regions

being an ev driver who drives around the regional areas i have come to the realisation that three-phase-power-points (5 pin) are the answer to the lack of chargers. the fast chargers are good for the main towns but are too expensive to expect them in small towns and localities. whereas t-p-p-points

Idea

Use of NSW Seniors Travel Card

I have a NSW Seniors Travel Card. I think I read somewhere that it could be used for ev charging. Can I just enter the card number into my Chargefox/ Evie accounts?

Question

Can the fast charge station send back availability to plugshare

It is up to the driver to check in with plugshare, but I wonder if the station itself can send back such information - people don't need to go to the station and found a queue there.

Idea

Inverell NRMA Charger

Hello. When do you plan on switching this on? I’ve seen post from NRMA saying by end or the year. Now rumour says end of March, today I called your helpline and was told there’s no ETA on go live for this site. Trying to plan a visit that way over Easter but this is making things hard!

Question

Rethink of EV charger etiquette?

Over the last couple months, I have noticed an increase in the use of EV fast chargers (particularly NRMA chargers) as ownership of EVs continues to grow. A couple of weeks ago I had a family gathering at Jugiong, where I spent about 4 hours observing the comings and goings at the charger.  Th

Idea

Solutions

View More