M
New user

New user

• 

6 Messages

Thursday, July 13th, 2023 8:55 AM

Plugshare Login & NRMA Membership

Glad to share that I've been on the road again on My BYD Atto3. Drove from Sydney to the Gold Coast and back. It was a pleasant and enjoyable one. The weather was brilliant!

First stop Nabiac Park, NRMA Charger. Overcast day, dew drops still on the grass, council service people were mowing the oval there on their nice ride on mower humming along. One more BYD Atto3 turned up and left knowing my car was chrging only half way through. 10 minutes later Tesla Model3 turns up, I was almost 80% by then. As a courtesy, I freed up and gave him the spot. 

Next stop for us was BP Coffs Harbour, nice charger on a convenient location. 75Kw charger, but only got 54Kw. Never mind.

Then off to Coffs Central for Lunch. :-)

Was going to stop at Grafton Public Library, luckily the person using the NRMA charger logged in with Plugshare, we skipped that one moved on to Tyndale EVIE charger, nice location with twin 350Kw charger. Then hit the road again and drove all the way to Gold Coast.

On the way back was planning to stop by Byron Bay NRMA Charger, but one user mentioned that both charger there was occupied and none of them were logged in.

Continued to Grafton Public Library. Two cars were there before me. One logged in, other not familiar with Plugshare.

The charger there was displaying very slow speed (But charging close full speed). First guy gave up and the secod guy was really kind enough to allow me jump the queue and charge for 15 minutes, so I could make it to Coffs Harbour. So I did, topped up enough to go to BP Coffs.

Next stop was Sovereign Place, Port Macquarie. One charger was busy and the other was free. Started charging, 20minutes later one more BYD Atto3 turns up and just when I was at 90% left.

Next stop was Nabiac Park again just to top up to go Home. But, one fella was using it and not logged in. So I stopped in BP Karuah to top up to get to home.

Just some thoughts:

1. NRMA chargers should have some mechanism for logging in

2. All locations can slowly be upgraded to multiple chargers (for eg. Grafton, Nabiac Park) 

3. There should be more location for EV chargin

4. NRMA Should start some sort of fees for using their chargers

Sorry for the long post. Hope you had the patience to read.

No Responses!