B
Bronze user

Bronze user

• 

72 Messages

Wednesday, April 19th, 2023 11:46 PM

How busy are the different NRMA sites?

For anyone interested, I have been collecting data on the NRMA chargers from PlugShare. I have now plotted the number of new PlugShare check-ins at each site over the past three months. While not every driver reliably uses PlugShare, if we assume that PlugShare is used at the same rate across the NRMA network, it's still a useful way of working out which sites are most (and least) busy.

New user

• 

30 Messages

1 year ago

It would be interesting to see how this distribution changes if/when the NRMA starts billing at its chargers. Do the most frequently used sites have more travellers passing through or do the frequently used sites have more locals who could charge at home just getting a freebie, thereby reducing the usefulness of the charger for those with a genuine need?

Bronze user

• 

72 Messages

@PeterCa​ Do you think local users just taking advantage of free charging would be checking in on PlugShare? I did think about that, but considered it unlikely.

New user

• 

30 Messages

I have seen some sites on Plugshare with the same person making an entry every few days. Either they are some sort of commercial traveller with a regular route or they are a local. 

New user

• 

17 Messages

1 year ago

Hi Bje, we'd like to use this data for a piece to share with more NRMA readers. Can we chat about it more via email? (bridieev at gmail dot com)