B
New user

New user

• 

2 Messages

Wednesday, March 22nd, 2023 4:41 AM

Use of NSW Seniors Travel Card

I have a NSW Seniors Travel Card. I think I read somewhere that it could be used for ev charging. Can I just enter the card number into my Chargefox/ Evie accounts?

Bronze user

• 

52 Messages

2 years ago

@BrianMB .... Sorry, I haven't read or heard but first point of call, have you tried to directly contact Chargefox or Evie? Let us all know what they have to say since could be a few interested EV owners out there who would love a Seniors discount, like travelling all day on public transport for $2.50.

New user

• 

2 Messages

@Enforcer​ I did try Chargefox, Evie - no response as yet. I should clarify I was referring to the NSW $250 pre-paid 'Regional seniors travel card' (Visa) not a discount for seniors as such. In the bad old days, I could use it to fill up with petrol.

Bronze user

• 

52 Messages

@BrianMB​ ..... ok thanks for clarifying. Hopefully they don't give you the runaround. If so, you can sell it to a friend or family for $250 back in cash?  

Bronze user

• 

246 Messages

Hello @BrianMB. Thanks for raising this. You are quite right that the NSW Seniors Travel Card can be used towards electric charging stations. The regional seniors travel card can be used at Australian retailers for travel-related purchases in-store, online or over the phone. For businesses, there is a specific merchant category code that can be used to accept the card. We've shared the information with Chargefox, who currently do not have the correct category in use to accept this payment, but they are making enquiries to see if this can be changed. We'll be sure to share any updates though. 

EV community admin