Public charging

Public charging

Share charging know-how and review charger locations when out and about.

Create post
  • •••
(73)
B
Community Day at Cabarita Beach Bowlo

Do you live in NNSW or SE QLD and looking for something to do with the family next weekend? Come along the EV day this weekend at Cabarita Beach Bowlo! presented by the NSW govt with support from NRMA. The NSW Government is holding a free community event to celebrate the launch of the latest ch

Question

NSW EV Charger Grants NRMA Progress

I was just wondering what is the progress on the round 1 NSW EV Charger grants that NRMA signed up for. In particular I was wondering about the Queanbeyan and Cooma sites

Question

Home charging

I’m wondering what to get to charge my 2021 Kona Electric? Thanks

Question

Type 2 AC charging

NRMA made the bizarre decision to only support DC charging, which is bad for EV owners who rely on AC-only charging. Are any of the charging locations supporting Type 2 AC charging? Can the App be updated to allow users to filter by connection types supported?  Currently I can only see the cl

Problem

New England area CCS chargers

Planning a trip to Armidale next school holidays in the new EV.Looks like there is only one CCS charger in Armidale? NRMA.Most options are old Telsa  proprietary J1772.Is it worth getting an adapter for slow charging?It looks like a new NRMA charger is nearing completion at Walcha, en route for

Question

charging cable length

I am looking at buying a type 2 to type 2charging cable but can't decide what length to buy. The cable comes in 5 metre, 7 metre or 10 metre. Reason I am not sure is that I have never charged my EV at a public charging station as yet. Can anyone assist and advise mme what length is most suitable.

Question

Accepted Solution

Charging Station for Merriwa

Travelling to Mudgee via Golden Highway from the Hunter Valley, I often see comments from EV owners with smaller batteries (MG for example), that they have only just made it the Mudgee charger, with their last available charge being via a substantial detour to Scone. I would have thought that Merriw

Question

Goulburn needs an upgrade

Those chargers on Sydney Rd at Goulburn (next to McDonalds) desperately need to be updated, slow or always faulty. Its the main stop between Sydney and Canberra, why there are only 3 very unreliable chargers is very frustrating. Yes I know there is also a charger at the KFC, but again there is only

Question

NRMA transforms Australia's EV charging landscape

When the NRMA started installing 50 EV fast chargers in 2018, it was no stranger to the hurdles that lay ahead. Technical problems NRMA has encountered include tackling major grid constraints limiting charging capacity, ensuring charger compatibility with all vehicles on the market, and putting in p

Announcement

EV drivers will soon be able to make the nearly 3000-kilometre trip from Darwin and through to SA

Chargers in Katherine, Tennant Creek and Alice Springs are launching this week, part of a $78.6 million partnership between the Commonwealth and NRMA to deliver a national EV fast-charging network.These new sites will link some of the most remote parts of Australia with cleaner and cheaper-to-run tr

Question

Solutions

View More