GordonED7's profile
Bronze user

Bronze user

• 

81 Messages

Monday, May 13th, 2024 6:18 AM

Uralla AC 11/22kW charger opening soon. Update - now open

Uralla Bowling club car park has had 2 Occular stands installed, with four Type 2 charging plugs available.

I called in to check on progress this morning to find the plugs are locked in and can't be removed to plug into a vehicle, but the displays are active, so the power is on. There are no EV charging parking spaces marked out yet.

They are only slow Level 2 11/22kW chargers, which is ok for locals or travelers with a fair bit of time to wait for decent charge.

Bronze user

• 

81 Messages

4 months ago

Spoke to Exploren this morning, and they assure me it is now open, also displays as available in their app.

Bronze user

• 

81 Messages

4 months ago

After checking it worked for us a week ago by putting in a test 2kWh, yesterday I charged to 100%, 44kWh in just over 4 hours. I had a look at the bulk meters on the sides of all 4 charging outlets (one had water condensation inside the glass) to discover it isn't getting much use yet, my charging yesterday was quite a bit more than the total from all 4 outlets to date.

Hopefully usage will pick up soon to encourage more small towns to install chargers.

The session summary after charging shows the profile of charging rate over time.

(edited)