Public charging

Public charging

Share charging know-how and review charger locations when out and about.

Create post
  • •••
(73)
H
How do I charge my EV without the NRMA App?

As a visitor from the the UK, my phone is registered to the UK APP Stores, and the NRMA app is only available if I'm assigned to the Australian App Store. It looks like I cannot change the App Store without buying a new phone. Other EV networks allow me to sign up in advance, and even post EV Char

Question

Chargers

Any news about chargers being installed in Milton or Ulladulla

Question

Brisbane - Melbourne - Brisbane road trip 4545 kms

Just completed this trip over Christmas, one word, horrible experience, never again in an electric car. Cost $130, but the experience with broken chargers, drivers charging to 100% hogging the chargers, long wait times (at one point 1hr and 20 mns) to charge, was a terrible, stressful experience, n

Question

Further NSW Government funding announced for EV network

For the first time, the NRMA will deliver a battery at many of the new 11 locations announced this week as part of the NSW Govt. funding, taking pressure off the electricity grid. Four charging bays will be delivered at each location, two with the capacity to charge a vehicle up to 350kW If you've n

Question

Accepted Solution

ACT charging stations

Hi, we assumed that the green ACT would have good DC cover. Mistake. On way out of town to Sydney we checked apps and saw lots of choice Fyshwick / Majura. However, being new to this game we did not check the kws of each. The faster was Tesla only, leaving only 11 & 22 kws ACs…with no shade on

Question

A road trip from Ballina to Sydney with a BYD Atto 3

Mixing things up, our EV Hub Editor, booked a BYD Atto extended range from SIXT Australia and hit the road racking up over 1400kms on a return trip from Northern Rivers to Sydney stopping at various points along the way.The goal, to drive all the way to Sydney and back without paying for charging, t

Question

Accepted Solution

Payment using NRMA App

Does a place exist that gives a concise explanation of how to use the NRMA App to pay at an NRMA Fast Charger?

Question

Public charging stations that don't exist of don't work

I have recently purchased a Mitsubishi Eclipse Cross PHEV and so far have failed to enjoy the thrill of a public charge. The first attempt was to use the chargers at Stockland shopping centre Forster. They have 2 Tesla charging points that work brilliantly for Tesla cars but not other brands, and 2

Question

Off-grid EV charger showcased at solar race

NRMA's prototype off-grid electric vehicle charger deployed for solar car race ahead of national network rollout: - 2, 75 kW chargers powered by a hybrid system of solar, battery banks, and a backup generator- Diesel-powered generator only switches when solar panels aren’t producing enough pow

Question

Accepted Solution

Who is planning to visit NRMA's new Mudgee charger?

The site, in collaboration with the Australian Government delivers an impressive 360 kW of charging power across four dedicated parking bays, allowing #electricvehicle owners to access up to 200 kilometers of range in a mere 10 minutes: http://mynr.ma/ev-100

Question

Solutions

View More