NRMA_Paul's profile
Bronze user

Bronze user

• 

246 Messages

Friday, October 28th, 2022 7:24 AM

Further NSW Government funding announced for EV network

Further NSW Government funding announced for EV network

For the first time, the NRMA will deliver a battery at many of the new 11 locations announced this week as part of the NSW Govt. funding, taking pressure off the electricity grid. Four charging bays will be delivered at each location, two with the capacity to charge a vehicle up to 350kW

If you've not already seen, the new EV charger locations announced are:

Regional Areas

- Bogangar
- Cooma
- Euston
- Kelso (Bathurst) with NRMA Parks
- Molong
- Port Macquarie with NRMA Parks
- Queanbeyan

Greater Sydney
- Prestons
- Caringbah
- Jamisontown
- Rouse Hill

As an EV owner/potential EV owner, will these locations help with your regular commutes or offer further locations to visit in our regions? What areas would you like to see included? 

EV community admin

New user

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

Bathurst is relatively handy 120kms away, but I'd like to see more in CW NSW tourist destinations, in like Kandos/Rylstone and Mudgee all within 100kms.

Bronze user

• 

246 Messages

Some great regional towns that you've highlighted @EVWen . We do have an existing EV charger in Mudgee , but we'll also be looking to hopefully add more chargers to some of our existing sites too. Pls do keep the suggestions coming though as they are really helpful. 

EV community admin

Bronze user

• 

52 Messages

2 years ago

@NRMA_Paul .....Wow, 4 charging bays at each location including battery at some is certainly a step in the right direction. Looks like Cooma along with the existing ChargeFox Chargers should then be well serviced. Just make sure the one at Jindabyne keeps working. Also, since the Chargers in ACT/Canberra are a "dog's breakfast", I'm sure the Queanbeyan Chargers will also get a good work-out.

Bronze user

• 

246 Messages

Hello @Enforcer it's definitely good to see additional sites, with more chargers which I'm sure will be welcome for EV owners and those looking to make the switch too.

EV community admin

New user

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

The Central Coast such as Gosford and Erina has no proper charging infrastructer and it would be really great if the NRMA would consider putting some charging areas in these communites so that the locals and vistors to our area can be confident that they will be able to charge their EVs when needed. 

Bronze user

• 

246 Messages

Hello @Michael welcome to the Community. We are planning to include chargers on the Central Coast too, but know these things can take time too. Don't worry though, we'll share some more information as soon as we have more details to provide in our community. Would there be any specific areas on the Central Coast that you'd like to see an EV charger? 

EV community admin

New user

• 

2 Messages

Thanks for your reply and yes I suggest in Kariong would be a great place to set up some EV chargers so that communters on the M1 can pull off and charge their EVs as they need to as Kariong is right next to the motorway. This could also lead to them supporting our local community businesses while they are topping up their EV. I can even suggest a spot, opposite the Shell petrol station on the other side of the central coast highway there is a small road where the post box is, I imagine it would be pretty easily set up a few fast charging stations there and then they could cross the road and buy food from the Shell station or get food from the local shops behind the shell station. Idealy somewhere close to places to buy food and drink as I think that is always helpful to EV owners for something to do while they wait for their EV to charge.  Hope this is a helpful suggestion for you to consider with your planning for charges on the central coast. 

Bronze user

• 

246 Messages

Great suggestion @Michael. Definitely sounds like a good location, especially with food close-by too. I've made sure the suggestion has been passed onto our EV team, so that they can too look at this when planning and scoping out locations. I'm sure we'll see more EV chargers on the Central Coast though as the rollout continues. 

EV community admin

2 Messages

Excellent suggestion. Kariong would work well. We have family in Woy Woy but find it difficult to find chargers. This is making it difficult to decide whether we will shift from ICE petrol car to EV