D

Monday, November 13th, 2023 11:26 PM

Payment using NRMA App

Does a place exist that gives a concise explanation of how to use the NRMA App to pay at an NRMA Fast Charger?

Accepted Solution

Bronze user

• 

246 Messages

10 months ago

Hello @Devenish , Thanks for getting in touch.  You will need the my nrma app to access some of our chargers as we slowly roll out payment to all along our network. 

You can find step by step instructions with screenshots here 

If you do need a hand or come across any issues, please let us know. 

3 Messages

@NRMA_Paul​ thank you. My question is answered.

It might be handy to have those illustrations in PDF form printed and to hand when trying to juggle car/charger/app. Especially when things seem to be going sideways.

Bronze user

• 

246 Messages

Thanks for the feedback @Devenish . I'll pass this onto the team. Also hope you were able to setup your access via the my nrma app too.  If you do come across any issues or need further help, our team are also available on 1300 233 544 . 

EV community admin

6 Messages

10 months ago

i think the system is broken. I've just been concluding that the chargers are out of action, except for the three that have changed over from free charging to the payment system. The app doesn't even show me where the chargers are (e.g., at Lithgow and Bathurst). There seems to be no way to scan the QR code, and I haven't been able to find online any way to request an RFID card.

6 Messages

@NT6​ Update 6 Dec 2023: the problem is partly fixed; I am now offered a choice of Bathurst, Lithgow, Sydney Olympic Park, Lithuania, various places in France ..., no useful response when I ask for a charger near Castle Hill.

About scanning the QR code, I managed to get this to work with my iphone by accident. The only option the app offers is to search for a charger, but it turns out that scanning the QR code with the phone's camera app while the NRMA app is open does work! Of course, many of us probably do exactly that as we take a photo to use for reporting a problem. I wonder if the app is user-friendly with an Android or some other type of phone.

The Bathurst charger is now asking 54 cents per kWh. (Lithuania here I come, maybe.)