Public charging

Public charging

Share charging know-how and review charger locations when out and about.

Create post
  • •••
(73)
W
Chargers in remote NSW

What is happening with the chargers at Bourke and Brewarrina. They have been "coming soon" or "under repair" in Plugshare for many months now?

Question

Charging Ports and Charging Speeds

I own a Tesla Model 3, other than at home i have only used the Tesla charging stations. I am wondering if all other EV's have the same charging port, and if not how is this managed at the charging stations? What is the maximum charge rate at non-Tesla charging stations

Question

Customer experience of charging Electric Vehicles at Public Stations

Hi NRMA Community, I am currently researching on Customer Experience at EV Public charging stations and conducting a survey on the same. Would appreciate if you can comment with your insights on: 1. Issues you faced while charging your EVs at public charging stations 2. Your experience w

Question

Kia EV6 ULTRA RAPID CHARGING

Initially I had a problem charging my Kia EV6 at an Ultra Rapid Charger. The charging cable is so heavy that it was not connecting properly with the car. The solution is to support the cable initially until it starts charging then you can let go and it works fine.

Problem

Is finding public EV charge station easy? Or like ‘Where’s Wally?’

Interstate travel the trick is to research and plan your pit stops for recharging the EV battery. Hopefully you have checked the relevant app or contacted the provider to ensure the charger is working before arriving and have the right connectors (if needed). It helps to have plan B to charge at di

Question

Accepted Solution

Charger types and the new rollout

With the announcement of additional charger sites to be built, by NRMA and others, how many will be CHAdeMO capable? i have noticed some of the new Tritium 75Kw units are both CCS2. but some installs of the same chargers have a CHAdeMO connector.  Is it safe to assume that in a multiple stall

Question

Failed Charging?

I have encountered failed charging several times at the NRMA chargers. The car has been left to charge and owner has gone away but there is a charging error and the car is not charging, so when the owner comes back the car still needs charging. Most common reason is the person forgot to press

Question

Setting your cable to unlock when charging finishes

If you are going to leave your car while it is charging, it's important to note when it is going to finish, and get back there in time. However, you might end up being delayed. My vehicle has the facility to set the cable to unlock once charging is finished, even if the car remains locked. I set thi

Idea

Facilities at EV Charging locations

When we all drove ICE cars it was very easy when you filled up to check your tyres and clean your windscreen. Most public EV charging stations (Ampol excepted) have no such facilities. Is this an oversight? Should we advocate for air and water to be available near EV chargers? What's the etiquette f

Idea

Consider ordering an RFID card from charger providers

Chargefox and Evie offer RFID cards, so as well as loading their apps, I ordered a card, just in case I had to use a charger where mobile signal was out (perhaps in underground carparks, or during an outage). I actually find myself using the card instead of the App to start / stop /pay for the sessi

Idea

Solutions

View More