Tesla_Phil's profile
New user

New user

• 

1 Message

Monday, December 19th, 2022 1:06 AM

Phil

My wife & I have been lucky enough to do a number of road trips since our Tesla Model 3 arrived in November last year. Early this year we did around 2,500km using the NRMA chargers only. It certainly impresses ICE drivers when we say ... cost of fuel for the trip ... $0.

Thanks so much to NRMA for providing these chargers.

Our biggest problem was that often when we arrived at the charging stations, someone was already there charging, or worse, someone had finished charging and had not returned to their vehicle to disconnect and move on to allow someone else to charge.

Could NRMA chargers require you to log in prior to charging? Camden Council uses the Exploren app ... you must have this app and you must log in ... otherwise you can't charge. We use Plugshare which is great if EV drivers use it. You can leave messages to say how long you will be charging or to ask questions of the charging driver. When you are driving towards a charging station it's good to know if someone is already charging and also if someone is waiting to charge. A que system via the app would also be an advantage. There would need to be a time limit to get there (like 15mins) otherwise the charging timeslot would go to the next in the que.

I must say that the vast majority of EV drivers are great to deal with. It's a bit like being in an exclusive club at the moment.

Bronze user

• 

246 Messages

2 years ago

Hello @Tesla_Phil great to know that our network has been helping you along the way. Are there any favourite towns or spots to charge that you've really enjoyed?

We will eventually switch to a pay per usage model for our network, where NRMA Members will continue to receive a benefit moving forward.

There's still lots of discussion around this, but we're excited to also roll out real-time visibility of NRMA chargers across our network and show whether the charger is available for use through our app. The app will also be a way in which payment will be made to access the charger. 

We'll be sure to provide ample notice when these changes are made, and suspect this will occur mid-way next year.