M
New user

New user

• 

49 Messages

Monday, November 7th, 2022 1:15 AM

Charging Station for Merriwa

Travelling to Mudgee via Golden Highway from the Hunter Valley, I often see comments from EV owners with smaller batteries (MG for example), that they have only just made it the Mudgee charger, with their last available charge being via a substantial detour to Scone. I would have thought that Merriwa would be an ideal location to fill that gap. Any plans for one there?

Accepted Solution

Bronze user

• 

246 Messages

2 years ago

Hello @Mal_P2 Welcome to the community. I'm pretty fond of Mudgee and nearby Gulgong - which is definitely worth a visit too. At the moment, we don't have any Coming Soon announcements for a site in Merriwa, but sometimes these things can take some time and planning as there are lots of steps involved before any firm announcements can be made. We'll pass the suggestion onto the team though as it will help with future planning. 

New user

• 

49 Messages

Thanks for that @NRMA_Paul​. 
Of course, it was remiss of me not to thank NRMA for their ongoing commitment installing chargers into regional NSW and their support of the regions in general. So a big thank you for what you've done so far.

New user

• 

49 Messages

@Stonecottages​ Unfortunately, Tesla Superchargers are currently locked to Teslas only, they communicate directly with the car I believe. This may change soon when Tesla starts receiving some of the NSW funding recently announced. Any chargers built using these funds will have to be available to all EV's.
Tesla destination chargers can be unlocked, but you will need to do your research to find out where they are. A lot of places where these are installed may not even be aware of this, because up until recently, EV = Tesla :). They are locked to Tesla by default, so actually need to be unlocked at some point.
I know there are a couple of Tesla Destination chargers in Mudgee along with the NRMA fast charger, so perhaps you could ask there, you can find them on the Plugshare app.

(edited)

Accepted Solution

New user

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

I agree - we decided to take the ICE  as we were concerned about the lack of a charger along this road 

New user

• 

49 Messages

@Taranto​ I recently travelled from Maitland to Mudgee and made it with about 38% battery spare. But I have a large battery, 75kw usable. I've seen comments from an MG driver whose last chance to charge was by detouring to Scone, and got to Mudgee on 0%. For me that's a concern for a very popular regional town.

New user

• 

16 Messages

2 years ago

We live 50 kms north of Mudgee on a rural property and are in the process of buying an ATTO3 with the anticipation of being able to make it to Sydney in the one charge (325 kms). We plan to recharge mainly at home using our standalone 20kW Solar system (plus a Type 2 charger). However is was very concerning to see the lack of charging points (non Tesla) to the north to Armidale & east  to Newcastle, with the NRMA EV chargers in Tamworth and Armidale currently both marked out of service.

Do you know when these will be fixed? Can we buy an adaptor so we can also use Tesla chargers

Bronze user

• 

246 Messages

Hello @Stonecottages welcome to the EV community! Rest assured we do understand the need for further EV charging options as ownership continues to grow. We are helping through our own EV network, but acknowledge there have been delays in repairs due to ongoing global supply issues by our provider. We're doing everything we can to mitigate these delays, and will be replacing the faulty unit at Tamworth with a newer unit by mid -December. We're awaiting further confirmation from our provider on the status of Armidale as a technician attends, but we'll continue to monitor and update through Plugshare and via our EV charging map

EV community admin

New user

• 

16 Messages

Thanks for the update NRMA, looks like to see family up north we will need to take the coast M1 road rather than the inland route. Seems we don't have the option of using a Tesla charger, and am limited to dependable 300- 350kms range.

2 Messages

6 months ago

Merriwa is half way between Dubbo and Newcastle so would be an ideal place for a EV charging station. Hollydene winery is too far from Dubbo for smaller battery cars and only has Tesla chargers that can be used by other vehicles at $0.85/kw. So many people travelling this route stop at Merriwa so it would be an ideal location for chargers. 
Any update on rollout plans for towns between Newcastle and Dubbo?

Bronze user

• 

82 Messages

NRMA_Paul wrote:  ongoing global supply issues ...

Given the apparent financial collapse of Tritium, now in administration, what is the likely impact on the NRMA charging network, which uses Tritium chargers?

Bronze user

• 

82 Messages

AnnetteP wrote:> Tesla chargers that can be used by other vehicles at $0.85/kw.

71c/kWh if you join their membership for $10/month, which coincidentally pays for itself after 71kWh of charging per month.

(edited)