G
New user

New user

• 

7 Messages

Wednesday, March 22nd, 2023 7:23 PM

Simple courtesy at chargers

I've adopted a simple procedure at chargers....

If I'm waiting for a charger, I put a note under the windscreen wiper of the vehicle that is charging with my phone number and name so they can txt me when they finish. I keep a few of these pre-printed in my glove box

If I'm charging I put a note under my own windscreen wiper giving my phone number and asking anyone waiting to txt me to let me know.

Most EV users don't use Plugeshare, and this is a simple way to have a relaxed coffee away from the charger.

Gonzo

Bronze user

• 

246 Messages

1 year ago

@gonzoB sounds like a very civil approach. How has your experience been in using this method so far? Have you found that other EV owners are adopting the same or similar? 

New user

• 

30 Messages

1 year ago

I do something similar but I check in on Plugshare. Another person could check in as 'waiting to charge'. That would result in a message to me that someone is waiting. This is one of the benefits of using Plugshare. 

Another app is NeedToCharge. You register your vehicle's registration and contact details with the app. A person waiting can enter your rego number and send you a message via the app without your contact details having been disclosed to that person. You can print a QR code that links to the app to leave on your windscreen. 

NRMA Employee

• 

4 Messages

@PeterCa​ the "Need to charge" app is a great resource for people to communicate with other EV drivers at charging facilities to advise when they are charged. Please let us know how your experience is with printing the QR code and leaving a copy on your windscreen. 

New user

• 

30 Messages

@tomo1978​ To be honest, I have printed but not used the Need To Charge QR code. I just mentioned it as another approach. I always check in with Plugshare and sometimes leave a card with my mobile number as per the first post.