S

Tuesday, September 5th, 2023 5:08 AM

Charging at Tesla supercharger

I recently tried to charge my GWM Ora at the Campbelltown Catholic Club supercharger but kept getting that no car was detected. Is this from GWM’s end or Tesla. 

New user

• 

17 Messages

1 year ago

How did you go Samir, I saw somebody comment on FB that Ora had a problem with ABB chargers also?

4 Messages

No luck and got a generic reply from GWM. Its a pity because i had already started planning a few trips upon hearing about the superchargers.

“From the information we have on the Tesla chargers, they are not compatible. We do not have any word on updates at this stage.

You would need to use a generic CCS or Type 2 charger.

Hope this information helps.”

New user

• 

49 Messages

@Samirv I could be wrong, but as you said, that looks very much like an miss-informed response from GWM, unaware that many Tesla Superchargers have only recently opened up. Any car with CCS2 should, in theory, be able to use them.
So I would definitely be trying some others if you get the opportunity.
Good luck!

(edited)

New user

• 

49 Messages

1 year ago

Hi @Samirv It's hard to say. I've used the Superchargers at Hollydene a number of times to charge my Polestar 2 since they opened up earlier this year (they were one of the initial 5 to open up). Never had a problem, but a friend who only tried once with his Polestar 2 was unable to initiate a charge on any of the six stalls.
I have noticed from Plugshare comments that MG's seem to be a bit hit and miss at the same location.
Being on private property, the owners do provide feed back to Tesla, but I'd be pretty sure that Tesla would also be collecting the data from the Superchargers. It's one thing they do very well. Hopefully they will be able to sort out any issues soon.
I will be trying the Campbelltown ones myself next week

4 Messages

@Mal_P2​ will try the ones at Blaxland next week though GWM seems to think it wont work and no eta on update.

New user

• 

49 Messages

@Samirv Fingers crosses that you have better luck at Blaxland, please let us know how you go.
Fwiw, I just used Campbelltown ones without any issue.

(edited)

4 Messages

@Mal_P2​ tried the ones at Blaxland yesterday with the same results. I wanted to leave but the car wanted to stay. Eventually had to do a emergency release by pulling the lever under the boot. In the uk the gwm can use the superchargers. You would think the dealers would be as excited about the car as the end users. 

New user

• 

49 Messages

@Samirv​ Obviously I'm not an expert, but I really cannot understand why the Tesla Supercharger isn't compatible, since GMW's own charging station is stated to be "compatible with all Type 2 equipped EV's"
I know one is DC and one is AC, but.... really?

3 Messages

1 year ago

There are many people I know who has faced this issue.