DA
Community support

Community support

• 

44 Messages

Thursday, March 9th, 2023 8:09 PM

Some new NRMA chargers installed to power Fully Charged and give more CBD top up options

The NRMA Energy has installed 15 AC Chargers in the Sydney ICC parking bays (P1 & P2) which supports charging for 25 EVs. These become part of the NRMA EV charging network and will play an integral role for the Fully Charged event this weekend as all the test drive EVs will be using these chargers. FYI these are slow (7kW) chargers providing about 30kms worth of charge every 10 minutes, which suits this parking location in the CBD.

New user

• 

11 Messages

2 years ago

Looks very cool. Forgive me if i dont know but is the on/off switch for the charger on the wall meant to be so easy to access? Saw this on plugshare and looks like someone cruelly just turned off the charger for someone mid-charge...

Bronze user

• 

246 Messages

Hello @Brybro. It's a shame to see this has happened and hope it's not a regular issue. There is an Electrical Australian Standard from AS/NZS 3000 Australian Wiring Rules that states equipment must be able to be locally isolated for maintenance or replacement. We've shared the feedback with our team though to keep an eye on this, but also look to see if we can add a solution to prevent this from occurring, whilst still giving access when needed. 

EV community admin

New user

• 

11 Messages

Hi @NRMA_Paul thanks for that. I certainly trust you guys installed this to comply to spec but it sure is a shame people do this. hopefully it doesnt happen often but cool to know your keepin an eye out.