General EV discussion

General EV discussion

If you're not sure where to post, post in here. All EV discussions welcome.

Create post
  • •••
(39)
M
No small EVs available in Australia

Why are we not seeing any genuinely SMALL (less than 1.8 metres wide) EVs available for sale in Australia -apart from a couple of 'style statements' that are over-priced IMHO and not what I want? There are plenty on the roads in Europe - and also plenty of small ICE vehicles on Australian roads (Kia

Problem

Pulling it's weight: Can an EV tow a trailer?

It's a question we're often asked around towing and whether an EV can handle the test, so our friends at the Open Road took the Polestar 2 for a spin and hitched a box trailer with a typical load you might pick up for a weekend's toil in the garden. The result definitely proved towing is possible, b

Announcement

Accepted Solution

EV capable car jacks

Do people have thoughts on jacks for EVs. There are times when I'm going to do the road trip I'd like to throw one in (just in case) but I'd like it to be (1) Safe (2) Light (3) small. Does the NRMA have thought on nematic jacks vs compressed air bag jacks?

Question

Would you have considered a hydrogen car if they were available?

Hey EV Community, for those who don't know me, my name is Maddie and I'm a digital communications officer at the NRMA. A large part of my job is sharing content and engaging with our social media communities on topics like EVs and motoring. You may have even seen me responding on some of our channel

Question

EV Drive Days

I live in the Albury-Wodonga border region and have started to plan an EV Expo event for our region. How can we get NRMA involved in staging an event for our region in 2023?

Question

7 seat suv

Any 7 seaters available in Australia?

Question

Electric 4WD options

Hi my next vehicle is going to be an EV for sure. I have also started birding this year and have realised that a 4WD would be an advantage to get to some of the best birding spots. Has anyone done much research on this area? Not looking for anything big but needs to be 4WD. Have heard there may be o

Question

Are EVs safer than ICE vehicles?

Would love to know your thoughts as to why or why not? Not only active safety, but passive safety also. Active safety is before the crash. Passive safety is during/after the crash.

Question

EV car servicing

Do all car servicing providers offer servicing for electric vehicles now across Australia? How does an electric car service differ to your typical ICE vehicle service? Should I expect it be more expensive while electric vehicles are not widely used?

Question

Solutions

View More