General EV discussion

General EV discussion

If you're not sure where to post, post in here. All EV discussions welcome.

Create post
  • •••
(39)
NSW Govt EV charging grants now open for regional locations

Electric vehicle ownership is growing throughout Australia, and EV drivers are planning their trips around EV charging locations. Many businesses in regional NSW are already installing EV chargers and attracting new visitors. NSW Government’s destination charging grant is covering up to 75%

Question

30% discount to Everything Electric 2024 for My NRMA members!

We’re so proud to be the headline sponsor for the upcoming #1 home energy and electric vehicle show, Everything Electric, formerly known as Fully Charged LIVE. Plus, My NRMA members will get 30% off tickets until Feb 11 using promocode NRMAEEAU. You can buy your tickets here.Coming back to Syd

Question

Are there electric utes available in Australia?

Utes are hugely popular in Australia – in the first half of 2023 there were 25,000 new ute sales, making up 20 per cent of all new vehicles on the road.Switching to electric utes can offer big savings in fuel and maintenance costs compared to traditional vehicles, at the same time making a big

Announcement

Have you booked your EV test drive for Armidale?

Join us at our electric vehicle (EV) drive day at Armidale. If you're not sure if an EV is the right choice and would like to get behind the wheel, this event is for you. Experts will also be on hand to answer any questions you may have on all things EV, from home charging to ownership.  Date,

Announcement

Enquiry about EV roaming/OCPI

Hi everyone!I know this is out of context, and it's mostly related to in-depth EV technology.I have been working on EV technology for the past 3 months as a developer. I could able to do an OCPP connection which is, I could able to connect to the firmware of charging stations and could able to get t

Problem

Our Electric Vehicle Hub is now live!

Over the past year we've carefully listened to the needs of people embarking on their electric journey and are thrilled to announce the launch of our new look Electric Vehicle Hub.   Check out the Electric Vehicle Hub - https://www.mynrma.com.au/electric-vehicles The hub is packed with re

Announcement

Plug & Charge

I was reading about the NRMA EV charging rollout https://thedriven.io/2023/04/26/nrma-gets-funding-for-117-new-fast-charging-stations-across-australia/ I was hoping to see some mention of ameliorating the mess of different charging apps. These become such an issue in more remote sites with po

Idea

Converting ICE vehicles to EVs

Hi all Recently at the Fully Charged show in Sydney there were a few examples of ICE cars that had been converted to EVs. Has anyone here done this or know someone that’s done this? What are your thoughts on converting a cheaper or even a second hand ICE car and upgrading it to fully electric? Do y

Question

Accepted Solution

motorcycle

Does this community include EV motorcycles or is it only for cars?

Question

Are home chargers worthwhile?

We have been driving our 2021 Nissan leaf since FEB this year, We have solar panels and a Tesla battery. We generally don't drive more than 100KM a day - mainly short trips around town. We have never had to use a public charging station. I see a lot of advertising for home wall chargers, but so far

Question

Solutions

View More