General EV discussion

General EV discussion

If you're not sure where to post, post in here. All EV discussions welcome.

Create post
  • •••
(39)
New to this forum

Hi all, just a quick G’day from me. I’ve had an EV for quite some time. Started with a Tesla S, and now own a Porsche Taycan. Both beautiful cars. The Porsche is brilliant although quite expensive. Talk again soon and nice to meet you all. 

Question

Broken Hill EV road trip tips?

Hi EV community! You may or may not have seen that we will be taking our EV drive day event out to Broken Hill this weekend!   We'll be driving the cars out there and putting the charging network to the test and I'd love your best tips for long distance travel in an EV.  Please also shout

Question

Towing a box trailer

Many years downgraded form a large station wagon to a Honda Jazz and bought a 6x4 box trailer. When I go to a EV I would want similar towing capacity - 500kg unbraked, 1100kg braked. I tend to use to to go to the tip, buy big things at bunnings and move firnature and white goods.  I want a sma

Question

EV Event Wollongong

Hi Team - when will the registrations open for the Wollongong event?

Question

NSW introduces fines for petrol and diesel cars parked in electric-car charging bays.

The New South Wales Government has discreetly introduced a new law which could see drivers of petrol and diesel vehicles fined up to $2200 for parking in an electric-car charging bay. Nicknamed ‘ICEing’ – referring to the internal-combustion engine (ICE) powering petrol and diesel vehicles – t

Question

Exclusive 30% discount to the Fully Charged LIVE Show Sydney

​Hello everyone! If, like ​​@cross​​ you might be interested in attending the ​​Fully Charged Show​​ in Sydney on 11 and 12 March 2023, make sure you use the exclusive discount code NRMAFCL30 to receive 30% off ticket prices. For ease or use, ​​this link​​ has the discount code already embedded: htt

Idea

Book your test drive for our Western Sydney EV Drive Day!

​If you are keen to take a test drive in an electric vehicle, or just want to come down and speak to owners and experts on all things EV, our EV Drive Days are for you. ​​Our next EV Drive Day will be held on 11 and 12 February at Sydney Motorsport Park, Eastern Creek. This is a free event in partne

Question

Best thing about owning an EV?

1. I don't even know how much fuel costs [mostly I charge from solar at home] 2.  No regular servicing costs 3.  Converting people to owning EVs.  So far my result is +2.  One bought a Tesla, while the other an MG.

Question

Accepted Solution

recycling Outlander PHEV batteries

Hi Has anyone heard anythign about an initiative by Mitsubishi to replace the batteries in older Outlander PHEVs and recycle them like Nissan does with the Leaf batteries? It seems like a really good idea - but is any local dealership involved?

Question

Pinned

Welcome to the brand new EV community!

We're excited to be here with you creating a space where we can share knowledge, ideas and spark up a conversation on all things EV! First off though, we'd love to get know our newcomers. Please comment here and let us know something about you. Some suggestions to get you started: What excites you

Announcement

Solutions

View More