New user

New user

• 

3 Messages

Thursday, September 8th, 2022 7:50 AM

Best thing about owning an EV?

1.  I don't even know how much fuel costs [mostly I charge from solar at home]

2.  No regular servicing costs

3.  Converting people to owning EVs.  So far my result is +2.  One bought a Tesla, while the other an MG.

Community support

• 

25 Messages

2 years ago

Awesome to hear @alextewes.

Other than fuel savings, which is enough to convince me, what are your slam dunk arguments for making the switch to EV? 

New user

• 

3 Messages

@NRMA_Maddie​ Regular servicing in my Mazda was about $1,500 per year.  Tesla is zero.

then, there is the sneaky pleasure of awesome acceleration and utter smoothness.

at the most basic, I love the fact that I feel like I am driving the future!

Alex

New user

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

I love the fact that I am no longer funding unsavoury OS oil barons by bying petrol. 

The costs of driving on electricity are also much less than driving on petrol, and you can see how much you can save using this fuel cost comparison calculator https://www.evjourney.com.au/evadvantages.

Happy electric motoring!

Oliver

Bronze user

• 

246 Messages

Hello @EVJourney sounds like great reasons to make the switch, especially with the savings and environmental benefits. In your experience as an EV owner, have there been any specific challenges that you've encountered along the way with ownership? 

EV community admin

New user

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

Waking up to a full ‘tank’ every morning, not having to take into consideration when to fill up to get ‘best price’, not being required to take my new car into be serviced every X’000 km. And as a Tesla owner getting free software updates that improve the car over time. I have new features in my car that I didn’t have when I purchased it, no ICE vehicle I’ve had worked that way. 

Bronze user

• 

246 Messages

Welcome to the community @TaranisEV . It's always great to hear about the experience from current EV owners about some of the best things with an EV. I think many would agree that waking up to a full charge everyday and not having to go to a service station to fill up is a bonus itself. Do you often have people asking lots of questions about your EV when you are out and about? 

EV community admin

New user

• 

8 Messages

2 years ago

The best part of owning an EV, is certainly the fun factor that my car (Tesla M3LR) gives. 

The fun factor is broken up into

• It glides on the road
  • Knowing that there is this immense power below your foot
  • Getting a silly smile on your face when you use the power
  • You enjoy the sound system more as it's quieter in the cabin
  • It hugs the road and corners really well
  • The User Interface software keeps changing to keep trying out new ideas
  • The power bill and service costs are more affordable than a combustion car
  • It makes you want to take the opportunity to drive from A to B, without second thoughts of it being too tedious.

And that's my take on why I like EV.