General EV discussion

General EV discussion

If you're not sure where to post, post in here. All EV discussions welcome.

Create post
  • •••
(39)
Are EVs really better for the environment?

The NRMA supports the reduction of Australia’s emissions through the electrification of our transport sector because EVs can limit ecological damage, reduce smog and improve public health. Emissions have risen sharply over the past three decades in the transport sector, making up about 20

Announcement

Australia's EV Momentum Continues in Early 2024

Australia's EV transition progressed in early 2024 despite ebbing sales. With greater awareness of the capabilities of EVs, dropping prices and more models set to arrive, is the tide set to turn?The first half of 2024 has seen many pivotal moments for the electric vehicle (EV) transition in Australi

Question

Cant view the forum on my phone

For much of this week I've been unable to view the NRMA Community forum on my phone, just getting this: with all other pages - topics, users etc, showing no results either. Using current version of Chrome on Samsung S8

Problem

Vehicle Energy Usage Display Issue

In our LDV eDeliver 7 the average energy use on the dash display only goes to 29.9kWh/100km, which is rather annoying, since it is some unknown amount above that for most trips. Living well out of town and doing mainly long trips, most of the time it is driven in 100 or 110km/hr zones. The claimed

Question

❤️ prices like this!

Amber Wholesale Electricity prices this morning … This is how to use them for EV charging… Price controlled EV charging

Question

Regenerative braking - why does the maximum strength vary?

EV drivers, have you ever noticed that your regen braking doesn't seem as powerful as usual just after you have fully charged your battery? My wife was surprised by this yesterday when we went into town, just after I had finished charging to 100% at home. The reason is the same as why the charge rat

Idea

Australia strikes sound balance in new electric vehicle rule

Australia is aligning with global standards by implementing a new regulation mandating that electric vehicles produce audible noise when operating at low speeds.Starting in 2025 under Australian Design Rules (ADR), all new electric, hybrid and hydrogen fuel vehicles, including cars, trucks and buses

Question

no comments?

Hi NRMA_Paul, it looks like PMs aren't an option here, so I have to create a topic - this topic asks a question, but has comments disabled. https://community.mynrma.com.au/conversations/buying-and-selling/tesla-peugeot-and-byd-slash-ev-prices/663dc3a458dc7b70d83baffc Also this one https://commun

Problem

Would you buy a Cybertruck "Beast edition" or an F-150 Lightning if money was no object?

We just updated our "Are there electric utes available in Australia?" piece on the EV Hub! Latest additions are of course the Ford F-150 Lightning and the Cybertruck (although whether it will actually be sold here is still very up in the air!) https://www.mynrma.com.au/electric-vehicles/buying/elec

Question

Charge your EV at NRMA Parks and Resorts

NRMA Parks and Resorts launches electric vehicle AC destination chargers.From Atherton Tablelands Holiday Park in Far North Queensland to Victor Harbor in South Australia, there are now more than 20 holiday parks and resorts with EV chargers either in front of cabins, or in communal areas.To view al

Announcement

Solutions

View More