General charging

General charging

Here you can discuss anything related to charging an EV.

Create post
  • •••
(15)
Charging in the rain

The design of the charging socket on our eDeliver 7 looks like it would be safe if there was a light rain shower during charging, however, in a torrential thunderstorm downpour with strong wind, I suspect water might be forced into places it shouldn't be, ie high voltage electrical connections. Many

Idea

Using Chargefox RFID card on NRMA chargers

Hi All, I Have seen a couple of comments about people using their Chargefox RFID card on NRMA chargers. Is this a thing? I’m aware the apps are now cross-linked between NRMA and Chargefox. However I have yet to find an NRMA charger that will accept my Chargefox card. Every time I try, I get an “In

Question

NRMA EV charging benefits

Hello all, I like to use my local NRMA charger in Wollongong every month or so. I can and do just charge at home, but I like to support what NRMA is doing with community chargers (use it or lose it) and I like to ensure everything is working as intended with my accounts. I noticed something after

Question

Are EVs cheaper to run than petrol cars?

Do EVs really cost less than ICE cars? There's been lots of hype from a recent comparison of a petrol and EV variant, so naturally we look to highlight the results, rationale and why EVs are still cheaper overall to run. You can find all of the info in our latest article: Are EVs cheaper to run than

Announcement

Accepted Solution

Hyundai Kona charging on Tesla charger??

I have recently heard that my Hyundai Kona ( 2021 model) can use the Tesla chargers but when I tried it with the standard charging cord it wouldn’t fit. Does anyone know if I actually can use the Tesla chargers and, if so, do I need an adapter to make the cord fit my vehicle?? TIA

Question

NRMA reminds EV drivers of EV charging etiquette

Thousands of EV owners will be hitting the roads for their Christmas road trip holiday and the NRMA is reminding drivers of EV charging etiquette. The calls come following reported longer wait times and improper use of chargers last year during the busy holiday season.Here are a few tips to keep in

Question

Braidwood NRMA charge

Is there a status on the Braidwood NRMA chargers. According to the NRMA map it has been pushed out again.

Question

NRMA pioneers off-grid EV charging solution

The NRMA has recently announced a prototype to deliver off-grid energy for the most remote electric vehicle (EV) charging sites across the National highway network.- The remote energy solution will power up to two 75kW chargers across four charging bays- Australian-first hybrid charging solution use

Announcement

Accepted Solution

EV Charge Cards and Apps

Hi Everyone, I have owned several cars in my life and never before have I read so much on how to 'fill-it-up please". My first car, a mini, was filled by the service station attendant, so it was easy to see, and learn, how it was done.  My Atto 3 looks like it won't give me that same experienc

Question

Capertee Valley

Do you own an Electric vehicle? Well now you can explore the amazing Capertee Valley, stay at Tranquillyn Country Retreat and use our EV charging station overnight. Then you can continue your exploration the next morning. Special offer: Stay 2 nights and get the first night’s EV recharge fre

Idea

Solutions

View More