D

Friday, June 21st, 2024 9:31 PM

Using Chargefox RFID card on NRMA chargers

Hi All,

I Have seen a couple of comments about people using their Chargefox RFID card on NRMA chargers. Is this a thing?

I’m aware the apps are now cross-linked between NRMA and Chargefox. However I have yet to find an NRMA charger that will accept my Chargefox card. Every time I try, I get an “Invalid card” error.

Is there an account setting that enables use of a Chargefox RFID card on NRMA chargers?

Thanks for any advice on this.

Dave.

Bronze user

• 

81 Messages

3 months ago

I guess this is relevant
From here: https://www.mynrma.com.au/electric-vehicles/charging/nrma-chargers-chargefox-app
>Frequently asked questions

When will EV roaming be available for EV drivers? 

In early April 2024, EV roaming opened as a trial to a small number of NRMA members. All of NRMA’s EV chargers – both DC fast chargers and AC destination chargers - can be viewed in the app for these users.

This cohort currently cannot access the 10 per cent NRMA discount for members on the NRMA’s EV chargers via the Chargefox app (but they can still via the NRMA app.)

The 10 per cent discount for the Chargefox-managed network available to all AMS motorist associations (which also include RACV, RACQ, RAA, RAC, and RACT) is still available to all members in the Chargefox app.

Feedback from the EV roaming trial will guide integration of future features, and be rolled out in phases until all Chargefox users can access the NRMA EV chargers through the app. 

(edited)