Gaffa's profile
New user

New user

• 

32 Messages

Wednesday, June 12th, 2024 1:47 AM

NRMA EV charging benefits

Hello all,

I like to use my local NRMA charger in Wollongong every month or so. I can and do just charge at home, but I like to support what NRMA is doing with community chargers (use it or lose it) and I like to ensure everything is working as intended with my accounts.

I noticed something after my last charging session over this long weekend. I plugged in at the Wollongong NRMA 150kW DC Fast Charger and used my ChargeFox RFID card to initiate my session. After my session I received my mailed receipt as per normal. It showed I was charged 60¢/kWh, the advertised price but being a member I didn't any 10% discount.

A quick check on my ChargeFox profile and my NRMA membership details are correctly entered. Checking back over all my receipts and the last to show NRMA discount was December last year. None in 2024 are discounted. Has something become misaligned? Have others seen this? I rang NRMA support he wasn't sure and sent me to ChargeFox support. ChargeFox has checked my profile and said all is correct and sent me back to NRMA.

Figured I'd ask here.

Bronze user

• 

81 Messages

3 months ago

From an article a couple weeks ago:

https://www.mynrma.com.au/electric-vehicles/charging/nrma-chargers-chargefox-app

I’m an NRMA member. Which app should I use? 

That’s really up to you! If you want to continue benefiting from the 10 per cent discount for NRMA chargers, continue using the My NRMA app.  

If you want to benefit from the convenience of using one app for both NRMA and Chargefox-managed chargers, use the Chargefox app. It is anticipated that the discount will be added to the Chargefox app in time also. 

New user

• 

32 Messages

Thanks Gordon! So really, it just a waiting game for NRMA and ChargeFox to align and figure out how to ensure our discounts work across charging networks.

Till then it's use NRMA app @ NRMA chargers if you want to ensure you receive your membership benefits. Let's hope someone is working to complete the picture so the promise of losing the app zoo can be realised. I like the simplicity of just swiping my RFID everywhere.