At home charging

At home charging

A place for discussing EV home charging setups and experiences.

Create post
  • •••
(6)
Home Charging in Cold Weather

After a -1C frosty night on Sunday-Monday with heavy overcast/low cloud initially enveloping the house in the morning, and eventually clearing with the temperature breaking through 5C after 11am, the battery in our LDV eDeliver 7 (88kWh battery) was very cold when I started charging after midday. Af

Idea

Accepted Solution

Lack of Bi Directional chargers in NSW

Like many we own a Nissan Leaf, which is capable of V2G usage, unfortunately in NSW the opportunity to purchase a Bi-Directional charger is non existent. Is there some way the NRMA could be involved in speeding up this process, which would be a benefit to many EV owning members. Kind Regards Richa

Problem

Price Controlled EV Charging with Charge HQ Mobile Application

Price Controlled EV Charging with Charge HQ Mobile Application The Charge HQ app is free unless you want to use the solar capability which is subscription based. The app is free, the integration is free. The app supports price monitoring for electricity suppliers that grant access to it. C

Idea

V2H - V2G - V2L capability

There are a few vehicles available with Vehicle to Home bi-directional charging capability but it seems like most companies have avoided it till now. On the face of it, there seems to be fantastic potential for reducing your home power costs by shifting the time when you buy electricity from the gri

Question

BIDIRECTIONAL CHARGERS

I have read what a great thing bidirectional charging is to use the energy in the car to plug in and power your home at night. Available in A.C.T. but unable to find one to use for my home in N.S.W.. yes I understand that the Nissan Leaf is suitable to power your home but where can I find a bidirec

Question

Charging EVs in apartment buildings

There are 1.2M residents who live in apartment buildings - no doubt many of them NRMA owners. OCN (Owners Corporation Network) is a non for profit organisation who help owners navigate the complexities of strata (or apartment) living.  Our website - OCN.org.au - has a specific EV charging page

Idea

Solutions

View More