R

Saturday, September 30th, 2023 12:52 AM

Price Controlled EV Charging with Charge HQ Mobile Application

Price Controlled EV Charging with Charge HQ Mobile Application

The Charge HQ app is free unless you want to use the solar capability which is subscription based. The app is free, the integration is free. The app supports price monitoring for electricity suppliers that grant access to it. Currently only Amber Electric provides access to real time wholesale pricing via an API and ChargeHQ has built-in support for it. The app fully supports a number of EV charging devices but not the Tesla Wall Charger as it does not support any access to the device itself. The good news is it does not have to as the app connects to the users Tesla account and speaks directly to the vehicle to control charging.

So right now I have my car set to charge only when wholesale prices are 10c per kwh or lower. Which is right now actually as during the day when renewables flood the grid the wholesale prices drop significantly. I will charge my Tesla for $3 today.... thank you Amber, thank you Charge HQ and thank you Tesla.

This was brought to my attention by support from Amber when I was enquiring about EV charging setup at my home. I think its worth sharing, don't you?

Configuring Charge HQ for use with Amber Electric

Note: I do not work for or have an affiliation with Charge HQ or any of the companies mentioned in this post and this is not a paid advertisement, just a bloody good idea.

No Responses!