Policy and advocacy

Policy and advocacy

What we're up to in the EV space, including lobbying the government and industry on behalf of our Members and community.

Create post
  • •••
(8)
What happens if my EV needs to be towed?

Ensuring safe and efficient towing is paramount for our roadside team when handling vehicle breakdowns. Traditional vehicles and diverse breakdown scenarios pose unique challenges, including accessibility issues and weight considerations. Electric vehicles (EVs), often heavier with locked wheels, ad

Question

Extension to drive in Transot lanes for EV owners

Hi All, In NSW till 31st Oct 2022, EV owners were allowed to use the Transit lanes for 1 year. Did many members use this opportunity, and will the NSW RTA think of re-extending this or making it a permanent feature. Look forward to your views and if NRMA could support in pushing it with th

Question

Are you attending an NRMA EV Drive Day event?

Did you attend our first Drive Day event in Ku-ring-gai? Or would you be interested in attending a future event? Supported by the NSW Government, we’re hosting a series of EV drive days across NSW where you can find out everything you need to know about owning and driving an EV.Read about the

Question

Wagga welcomes the NRMA’s first regional electric vehicle drive days

The NRMA’s first regional electric vehicle drive days took to the town of Wagga Wagga over the weekend of 17-18 September, bringing a weekend of test drives, event stalls and informational seminars. The cold weather couldn’t put a damper on the 'sold-out' event with more than 200 test dr

Announcement

NRMA EV awareness campaign

Recently Fully Charged released a video as a basic explainer on all things EV (https://youtu.be/j8PjbGL6QIE). It’s UK centric but I think it would be great if the NRMA could shameless steal from various aspects of it plus add more to create a public information campaign (maybe in 30 second to 1 minu

Idea

EVs on the South Coast of NSW

The South Coast Health and Sustainability Alliance (SHASA) has been involved in the EV space for the last 2 years or so and because of our work we are seeing a lot more EVs in our area (the Eurobadalla shire) including 10 purchased by SHASA members. The problem is: SHASA has been attempting to en

Problem

Insurance

It would be amazing if there was an insurance plan that let me rent my vehicle out to a car share. That way I could afford to purchase a new ev and still use you Nrma as a service and not give you up. I just called your insurance department and that swayed me in the opposite direction to purchasing

Idea

NRMA Chairman's message to the latest Open Road: A sensible road map to lower emissions

"In recent weeks, debate has ignited between the automotive industry and advocates for tougher fuel efficiency standards in Australia. There’s no doubt this will grow in intensity in the coming months, particularly as the federal government has now committed to a 43 per cent cut of carbon emis

Idea

Solutions

View More