N
New user

New user

• 

8 Messages

Wednesday, December 14th, 2022 9:17 PM

Extension to drive in Transot lanes for EV owners

Hi All,

In NSW till 31st Oct 2022, EV owners were allowed to use the Transit lanes for 1 year. 

Did many members use this opportunity, and will the NSW RTA think of re-extending this or making it a permanent feature.

Look forward to your views and if NRMA could support in pushing it with the relevant RTA authorities to re-establish this feature for EV owners.

Many thanks. 

Bronze user

• 

246 Messages

2 years ago

Hello @Neville welcome to the EV community. The good news is that an announcement was made last month by the NSW Govt, with transit lane concessions to continue for another 12 months for EV owners. 

We do support initiatives by NSW Government’s sweeping tax reforms and initiatives aimed at making it cheaper and easier to purchase and own an electric vehicle (EV) in NSW.

New user

• 

8 Messages

@NRMA_Paul​ 

This is terrific news Paul. Thanks for sharing.  

Have a great and safe festive season.

Best wishes

Neville 

Bronze user

• 

246 Messages

Tahnks so much @Neville. Same to you. I hope you take some time to see family and friends and plan your next road trip! 

EV community admin

New user

• 

8 Messages

11 months ago

Hi All,

As driving in Transit lanes comes to an end this month, I wonder if the NSW Govt, are thinking of extending it into 2024 as well.

3 Messages

We should lobby the government 

I suggest the energy minister 

would nrma contribute to the lobby?

3 Messages

11 months ago

I’ve just written to Minister for environment 

Penny Sharp. Let’s all ev users fo the same😁

New user

• 

8 Messages

Thanks Machart. I have emailed and written to the Honorable Minister as well.

For others who would like to write as well, below is her email.

office@sharpe.minister.nsw.gov.au

New user

• 

8 Messages

11 months ago

Can the lovely NRMA people, please lobby for all of us EV owners for getting this extended.

Much appreciated as always. 

Neville

New user

• 

8 Messages

There has been an update on this and it has so far been gazetted by the minister to allow full EV only cars to drive in NSW transit lanes till June 2025, or revoked earlier.

3 Messages

Hey Neville 

thank you so much sharing this news. Great work 

Feank Machart

Bronze user

• 

246 Messages

@Neville​ thanks so much for sharing this update. 

EV community admin

New user

• 

4 Messages

9 months ago

I was using this most days up until it ended in October.   Really hoping it gets extended again.