NRMA_Paul's profile
Bronze user

Bronze user

• 

246 Messages

Friday, September 23rd, 2022 7:08 AM

Wagga welcomes the NRMA’s first regional electric vehicle drive days

Wagga welcomes the NRMA’s first regional electric vehicle drive days

The NRMA’s first regional electric vehicle drive days took to the town of Wagga Wagga over the weekend of 17-18 September, bringing a weekend of test drives, event stalls and informational seminars. 

The cold weather couldn’t put a damper on the 'sold-out' event with more than 200 test drives completed, along with a range of electric vehicles including an electric Harley-Davidson.

We look forward to sharing more events across the regions with Newcastle home to our next drive day on 26 November. 

Would love to hear if you've attended any of our drive days so far or where you'd like to see an event held. 

EV community admin

Bronze user

• 

52 Messages

2 years ago

Hi Paul,

Good to see that the Wagga event was well supported. Hopefully some will now place an order for an EV. I guess the best seller would have been an EV Ute if they were 'ready and able' to get in Australia, but the time will come. Sorry, your current EV drive days are a bit too far away. Maybe in the future you might do a similar event in the Illawarra Area.

(edited)

Bronze user

• 

246 Messages

@Enforcer it was definitely a good day, with lots of questions - but I think for lots of people it's actually getting to test drive an EV is important as many just don't get the chance to. We've got our next event in Newcastle not to far away, but we do have more events planned next year so hopefully we'll have an event close by that can also showcase an electric ute too! Until then, Wollongong will be home to one our our EV chargers too, which should be launching soon. 

EV community admin

Bronze user

• 

52 Messages

Hi Paul,

Latest NRMA Open Road Magz has a few more EV drive days listed after Newcastle. These include Western Sydney[11-12 Feb'23], Broken Hill[25 March'23] & Western Sydney[6-7 May'23]. I'll keep a close eye on one of the Western Sydney events if nothing closer is planned.

Bronze user

• 

246 Messages

Hey @Enforcer I'll definitely check out both Western Sydney events but also know our team are still scoping out sites with events running until the end of next year. Once we have details locked in though we can share them, but hoping that there will be more dates and locations announced. If you are up for the weekend, it would be great to stop in at one of the Sydney events too. 

EV community admin