B
New user

New user

• 

17 Messages

Wednesday, May 29th, 2024 10:46 PM

The NRMA is collaborating with Chargefox to make its EV chargers available through the Chargefox app

Bronze user

• 

81 Messages

4 months ago

Received an email from Chargefox regarding this collaboration today, but with the nearest Chargefox location about 300km away, and only 22kW (11kW for my car), I'm yet to use them. Chargefox appear to favour coastal locations, apparently avoiding the inland.

New user

• 

49 Messages

@GordonED7​ This is about NRMA chargers and now being able to use the Chargefox app to access them. Chargefox don't install or maintain chargers, they are only a platform for access and payment.
I recently used the Chargefox app at the NRMA charger in Wagga Wagga and it's certainly easier than using the NRMA app, especially if you have a Chargefox RFID card.
Only downside is that atm, you don't get the benefit of NRMA member's rate. Hopefully that will be addressed in future updates.

Bronze user

• 

81 Messages

@Mal_P2  yes I realise that, but as I have no use for Chargefox, even though I have the app installed in case of emergency, the new collaboration isn't really of any use to me.
I'm quite happy with the ease of use of the NRMA app, just click on the location and slide to start charging - it really couldn't be much simpler, although some people appear to have problems with it.

6 Messages

I have had such trouble with the NRMA app that I had given up, but after the message about using Chargefox instead I tried again and am thrilled, that will make all the difference to deciding whether to drive somewhere that I might need to rely on an NRMA charger. I've been wondering if the problem I have with the NRMA app is something to do with Bluetooth, which I know often fails to connect.

Bronze user

• 

81 Messages

On some NRMA chargers it seems that you have to press the start button on the tower as well as using "slide to start" in the app. That happened to my wife at the NRMA Scone charger recently.

Bronze user

• 

81 Messages

I noticed on Plugshare that Chargefox has recently opened an AC charger (22/11kW) at the Toyota dealer in Tamworth, so I had a look with the Chargefox app, and sure enough, there it is.

However, in the Chargefox app there is no sign of any NRMA chargers in Tamworth, Armidale, Scone, Glen Innes etc, ie anywhere within ~250km of Tamworth, in fact very few at all in inland NSW. There is a 180kW charger at Port Macquarie and there are a few other NRMA 350kW chargers along the coast.

I had the impression from the linked article that all NRMA chargers would be visible, not just a very small subset. Will more be included at any stage?

Bronze user

• 

81 Messages

2 months ago

@BridieEV 

Bridie, do you know if NRMA is considering an innovative improvement to charging procedures like Evie is?

They are currently bringing in automatic vehicle recognition for compatible vehicles- no apps, no RFID cards, just pull up and start charging. Vehicle ID happens via the vehicle's MAC address, although not all brands have fixed addresses- they are the incompatible ones.

I think NRMA is still using quite a few RT-50s, which aren't compatible, but they have other DC fast chargers in the network that might be.

(edited)