GordonED7's profile
Bronze user

Bronze user

• 

81 Messages

Saturday, June 15th, 2024 9:32 AM

Gunnedah charger stopping at 80%?

Today I was hoping to charge to 90% at Gunnedah due to the Tamworth NRMA charger still being out of action, but it stopped at 80%. I notice on Plugshare that this happened to someone else recently too.

Is this a policy at the Gunnedah charger? If so, it is fine for locals, but not helpful for those hoping to travel a long distance from Gunnedah.

Bronze user

• 

246 Messages

3 months ago

Hello @GordonED7 Thanks for getting in touch. We cannot control the charging percentage from the backend of our system, but the default for our chargers is 80%.  You can however change that before charging, by selecting the charge rate on the unit to either 80% or Max.  You'll find a screenshot on this page, ( listed as point 3) but I hope this helps: https://www.mynrma.com.au/electric-vehicles/charging/how-to-use 

Bronze user

• 

81 Messages

Thanks @NRMA_Paul​ 

Interesting that 80% is the default, as I haven't had NRMA chargers in Tamworth, Armidale or Scone ever stop at 80%, and I haven't pressed any Max buttons.

However, Scone yesterday was a bit temperamental, we wanted to get to 75%, but it stopped twice before then. Once after 25 mins, and then after rushing back from where we were waiting for a pizza to the charger and restarting it, charging it stopped again after only 16 minutes, by which time we were at 72%, enough to get where we were going.

Bronze user

• 

81 Messages

Charged at the recently repaired Tamworth charger today and notice it is a different unit to the one at Gunnedah, and doesn't have the 80%/Max button