O
New user

New user

• 

7 Messages

Monday, September 19th, 2022 6:01 AM

Facilities at EV Charging locations

When we all drove ICE cars it was very easy when you filled up to check your tyres and clean your windscreen. Most public EV charging stations (Ampol excepted) have no such facilities. Is this an oversight? Should we advocate for air and water to be available near EV chargers? What's the etiquette for pulling into a petrol station to use these free facilities?

Bronze user

• 

246 Messages

2 years ago

@Oldad that's a great insight there and definitely something that we've seen with Ampol adding charging sites to some of their service stations. I wonder if the addition of facilities such as this, it could potentially cause misuse of EV charging stations by ICE vehicles?

New user

• 

27 Messages

@NRMA_Paul​ It would - but only if it's public, better, or comparable.

Would be nice to see security lockers that would unlock these utilities for use if an EV was pulling a charge on-site.

New user

• 

23 Messages

2 years ago

Good point! The other thing that is missing at most EV chargers is any sort of canopy for weather protection, and I can't hold an umbrella and wrangle an EV charging cable at the same time, so I keep a towel in the car to dry off if I have had to charge in the rain. I do use petrol stations to check tyres and clean my windscreen (and have a little smile at the fact that I don't have to use the petrol pump). 

New user

• 

27 Messages

@Adrienne​ I used to do this too.. a collapsible Sabco window washer fits in the frunk, with bottles of water and a squirt bottle of detergent. You'll never have to use manky window washing gear ever again

New user

• 

23 Messages

Great idea! Will do that.