GordonED7's profile
Bronze user

Bronze user

• 

81 Messages

Monday, April 29th, 2024 7:06 AM

Armidale - 'Session Ended' error, when it hasn't + cables too short + ...

Charging at the NRMA charger in Armidale early on Sunday morning, I had this appear 5 times in total during my 1 hour charging session. However, it had not ended, as it was still continuing, behind the error message.

If anyone from NRMA is reading this, what's causing this?

While on the subject of the Armidale charger, the cable is a bit too short, as it is at Scone, for charging our LDV eDeliver7

There is no provision for parking side-on due to the concrete kerb and the hedge, so I have to support the cable weight on the mirror to prevent excessive side force on the plug and my car's charging socket.

Bronze user

• 

81 Messages

5 months ago

Hello NRMA, is anyone monitoring the forum to answer questions?

Bronze user

• 

246 Messages

4 months ago

Hey @GordonED7 Thanks for posting your question. I am so sorry for the delay here though. Let me reach out to the team to see if they can help elaborate on the charging issue you experienced in Armidale as well as provide some more info around the charging cable length too. 

Bronze user

• 

81 Messages

Tried posting from my phone, but it seems to have vanished into the ether.

I had the "Your session has ended" error again yesterday, only once this time.

Some time later the charging suddenly stopped at 66% SOC, 4% short of my desired 70%.

I was about to try and manually restart, but noticed my car displayed 'initialising', so waited, and it restarted after a couple of minutes.

Bronze user

• 

81 Messages

Charging at Armidale again today and had a number of instances of the charging stopping for short periods before resuming again, although no 'session ended' error messages this time,

Bronze user

• 

81 Messages

Looks like the Armidale charger is out of action again, @NRMA_Paul are you able to give any indication of when it might be repaired? Its 135km from home and my wife has to travel there on Saturday for a market, but needs to be home at a reasonable hour in daylight. That rules out hours of 10kW charging at Uralla, and getting to the 112km distant Tamworth charger is a risky proposition in the fully loaded van after the climb to Armidale.

Bronze user

• 

246 Messages

Apologies for the delay here @GordonED7​ . I've just checked in and can see that our site in Armidale is working, with quite a few check-ins on Plugshare over the last few days. If you do however experience any issues, pls do reach out to our team who are available 24/7 on

EV community admin

Bronze user

• 

81 Messages

Thanks Paul, I noticed that yesterday too, I hope it stays that way 🙂

I'm also hopeful the intermittent dropouts problem,  reported by many users,  has been fixed too