tomo1978's profile
NRMA Employee

NRMA Employee

• 

4 Messages

Monday, May 22nd, 2023 11:35 PM

EV Commercial Vans

Recently I saw an article on a new EV Van in Australia and its made me think about the range of EV Vans, I understand the smaller range is sufficient in a city setting, but what about the regional areas? 

I’m reaching out to those who may have or have driven EV Vans. What are your experiences, good, bad or otherwise, how has your experience been owning an EV Van? 

NRMA Employee

• 

5 Messages

1 year ago

It's good to see more competition in this market. Like the recent release of the Ford E-Transit. As more E-Vans come out we should see ranges increase as manufacturers compete with one another to increase their market share. 

Bronze user

• 

81 Messages

5 months ago

Posting on an old thread, but we have just purchased an LDV eDeliver 7 (LWB, 88kWh), and live in rural NSW, 35km from the nearest public charger.

WLTP range is 362km, but more realistically with mostly 100km/hr zone driving, 250km is achievable. We can currently charge at 3.3kW with a 15A charger, but will be able to charge at the max for this vehicle, 6.6kW, just as soon as I install the extra PV panels recently purchased for this purpose. We are off-grid, so charging has to be managed around the weather conditions.

We've only had it for 2 weeks, had to purchase in Parramatta, 450km away, as the local LDV/MG dealer isn't interested in selling EVs, claiming there isn't much demand around Tamworth. The number of Teslas on the road around here suggests otherwise!

Very happy with it so far, other than a few small niggles.

(edited)