New user

New user

• 

3 Messages

Wednesday, April 19th, 2023 8:16 AM

Capertee Valley

Do you own an Electric vehicle?

Well now you can explore the amazing Capertee Valley, stay at

Tranquillyn Country Retreat and use our EV charging station overnight.

Then you can continue your exploration the next morning.

Special offer: Stay 2 nights  and get the first night’s EV

recharge free (subject to accommodation availability). While your car

is outside warming up, you’ll be cosy inside! Offer expires June 30, 2023.

Check us out at https://tranquillyncountryretreat.pnddistribution.com/

Bronze user

• 

72 Messages

1 year ago

Thank you, @Graemepike. Please consider listing your accommodation on Plugshare. That's how EV travellers find accommodation these days!

New user

• 

3 Messages

@bje​ thanks for  that information as I wasn’t aware of plugshare . I will do that today.

(edited)

New user

• 

30 Messages

Some gratuitous advice: Long range EVs arriving with (say) 20% left in their batteries might have about 60-80kWh as their total capacity. So, a charge to full during a stay might be about 50-60kWh. At (say) 25c/kWh, this would cost about $15 to provide. I think it would be reasonable for providers of accommodation to charge a flat $15 per stay for charging, which probably averages out to neither a profit nor loss but an attractive service to offer. 

Having quite a few 7kW EVSE outlets would be better than fewer chargers of higher power. 7kW overnight is ample to get to 60kWh. Better to have everyone charged than some guests annoyed that they couldn't charge (without arranging to swap charging spaces at 2AM) while others were charged to full in only a few hours. 

Like bje, I use Plugshare to make a shortlist of accommodation places that provide charging. 

New user

• 

3 Messages

@PeterCa Thanks for that Peter, we are only providing this service to our guests which is subject to available accommodation. As we are a single accommodation site, this means it would be be only 1 car so multiple outlets would not be required but appreciate your advice.

Graeme

(edited)

New user

• 

30 Messages

Ah. OK. Multiple chargers is not relevant if you only have accommodation for one couple/group. 

On Plugshare, you can make sure the listing says 'restricted - guests only'.