NRMA_Paul's profile
Bronze user

Bronze user

• 

246 Messages

Monday, September 19th, 2022 4:57 AM

Temora EV Fast Charger now live with more locations announced!

Temora EV Fast Charger now live with more locations announced!

Today we opened the NRMA’s 48th electric vehicle fast charger location in Temora on Wirajduri land. The single charger is located inside a carpark on Little Hoskins Street, directly behind the council chambers and close to the main street.

Temora provides a fast charging point between the existing NRMA Wagga Wagga and West Wyalong locations along the Olympic Highway which are now within 100kms on either side.   

We are only 2 charger launches away from number 50 and can announce that they are happening in Bourke (49) and Brewarrina (50) in October.

Are you planning a trip across the Riverina? Would love to hear from any EV owners who've already visited the region to hear about some of the best stops. 

EV community admin

Bronze user

• 

52 Messages

2 years ago

Hi Paul,

That's great to see that you're almost up to #50.

But could you please tell us when the Chargers at Stewart St East Car Park in Wollongong will be in operation? They've been installed for over a month now and nothing has happened since. I know a lot of the EV Community members come from that area and we are all eagerly waiting to use them. Also, will the EV parking bays be free or have to pay for parking when charging? Thanks.

P.S. Please all EV down to see the UCI World Cycling Championships currently on in Wollongong till this Sunday.

Bronze user

• 

246 Messages

Hi @Enforcer Thanks for the question. It's great to see the growing number of chargers across our network, especially across the regions. 

We can share that our site in Wollongong is scheduled for a go-live date, around late October - so not long to go. We'll update with more details as we get closer to launch next month. 

EV community admin

Bronze user

• 

52 Messages

Hi Paul.........thanks for the feedback and along with many others, look forward to seeing the Wollongong Chargers in operation soon. 

New user

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

Cannot wait until you reach 1000 chargers and we don’t have to wait in a queue.

Bronze user

• 

246 Messages

@Jeff it would be great to have more chargers as EV ownership continues to increase and know that the NSW govt have mapped out future charging infrastructure, so we hope to see many more chargers along the way too. 

EV community admin

New user

• 

5 Messages

2 years ago

Hi Paul,

The opening of the EV charger at Temora provides a great addtional location to charge when travelling around the Riverina and Central West.  Thank you for this piece of infrastructure and the ongoing  role out of chargers around NSW, ACT, VIC and SA.  

The NRMA really needs to start charging for use at all of their chargers to ensure that they are app based to ensure income to keep the roll out going and reduce the frequency of non NRMA members tying up infrastructure because it is free.

Cheers

kjd18468

Bronze user

• 

52 Messages

@kjd18468​ ......I agree, non NRMA members should not be tying up NRMA chargers just because they are free. I've encounter this in many of my travels where others have revealed this in conversations. I believe NRMA are currently looking at various costed membership plans for EV's depending on their intended usage, but I do not know when NRMA intends to start implementing them. Hearing NRMA and the other Auto Clubs now own Chargefox, so I guess they make some income from those chargers.

Bronze user

• 

246 Messages

Hi @kjd18468 agree that the Temora location is a great spot to have when planning, but also a nice town to visit and grab a bite too. 

We're definitely looking at introducing payment options for usage of our network along with a specific EV app too. We'll be sure that our Members do receive the best offers though, but also offer a compelling reason for EV owners to join if not already NRMA Members. We've got a few more sites to launch first though, but charging is on our roadmap. 

EV community admin

Bronze user

• 

52 Messages

2 years ago

Hi Paul,

Posted on plugshare 1/10/22 for the Temora Charger....."The charger will be out of action until after the long weekend according to the NRMA helpline."

This new Charger has only been in operation since the 19/9/22 and already has an issue and saying could at least be out for a few days??!!

If someone had planned a roadtrip over the long weekend intending to use this charger, they would be STUFFED!

Sorry, I don't think this ongoing poor charger reliability is acceptable anymore. Apart from using more reliable equipment, can't the NRMA Roadside Assistance people be trained to have a look at charger issues just like a vehicle call-out? At least they can determine if it's a quick fix or not, like if just need to reset a circuit breaker. I've been to a number of accommodation places where I've had to reset Tesla Destination Chargers to get them to work and I've read on plugshare others have done the same.

Please NRMA we need to raise the game!

Kind regards to all