L
New user

New user

• 

8 Messages

Monday, September 12th, 2022 4:07 AM

NRMA fast DC charging network and interstate travellers

Traditonally NRMA has offered reciprocal services for interstate travellers who are members of AANT (NT), RAA (SA), RAC (WA), RACQ (Qld), RACT (Tas), and RACV (Vic).
Some articles published about NRMA's plans to introduce fees for using its fast charging network seem to suggest there will a discount structure for members (EV Essentials 20%, EV Road Tripper 50%, EV Power 100%) and a non-discounted fee for non-members. 
My question: What cost structure is being considered for AANT/RAA/RAC/RACQ/RACT/RACV members to use NRMA fast charging network and other NRMA EV support services (eg flat-bed tow for 'out of charge') ?

I've listed all of NRMA's sister clubs under the AAA umbrella because EVs do road trips from all states and territories (not just the ones that have borders with NSW). AAA was established in 1924.
-------------------------------------------------------
This question is quite separate to the AMS-owned ChargeFox network (AMS, established 2002,  is owned by NRMA, RAA, RAC, RACQ, RACT, and RACV) which offers a 20% discount to members of the share-holder clubs provided the member registers their details with ChargeFox.  

Official Solution

NRMA Employee

• 

3 Messages

2 years ago

Hi there @Lasiorhinus_krefftii thank you for your question.

That's correct - for roadside assistance we have reciprocal arrangements in place with the other Motoring Clubs.  We are currently working on the NRMA EV charging network pricing for NRMA Members and non members, including members from the other Motoring Clubs. For now it is free to use.

(edited)

New user

• 

8 Messages

@KenC​ Dear NRMA
What will be the NRMA EV charging network situation for members of sister motoring clubs?  AANT, RAA, RAC, RACQ, RACT, RACV.

(edited)

Bronze user

• 

246 Messages

Hello @Lasiorhinus_krefftii  thanks for the question. At the moment, there is not any reciprocal benefits for interstate members relating to the NRMA Electric network, although this may change in future. Outside of NRMA Membership holders, we are also looking at guest charging options to use the network once we've rolled out payment options to all sites. 

EV community admin

New user

• 

8 Messages

Hi Paul,
It is now November 2023 and I am wondering what NRMA has decided for members of AANT, RAA, RAC, RACQ, RACT, and RACV who do interstate trips in their EVs into NSW and ACT?
The last response I got was back in 2022:-
"Thanks Vicki for your feedback, good to know a RACQ member’s perspective too. A reciprocal arrangement would benefit everyone and it’s a great idea.

I’ve passed this on the EV team for consideration.
Ken"

Bronze user

• 

246 Messages

Hello @Lasiorhinus_krefftii , We appreciate that there has been a lot of discussion around club reciprocity. Our last update of Sept 23, provided some details around guest charging options, which is still in scope to be implemented by the end of this year, which will allow visitors, including interstate members the option to access the My NRMA app for charging as needed without becoming an NRMA Member. 

We also have the option for customers to sign up to My NRMA
. This membership does not provide roadside assistance. My NRMA is a membership product that rewards members every day and allows them to unlock exclusive perks across the NRMA Group like best price for members and flexible bookings, as well as thousands of discounts with our partners. 

As this is only a recent change to usage of our network, it's possible that we may work with the other motoring clubs around usage, however this is not something that is currently available at the moment. We've shared the feedback with the team though, as this could be an option for future implementation. 

EV community admin

New user

• 

32 Messages

@KenC​ has anything ever happened around the NRMA EV membership offerings? It's been a while now.

New user

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

You need to get the broken down charges fix soon not months and it’s becoming a problem as you don’t now the charger is not working until you get to the charger

Bronze user

• 

246 Messages

@Anuraj we know that this is a challenge and certainly something that is more-so affected as EV infrastructure is still growing in Australia, so any outages to chargers impact EV owners. We are proud of what we've achieved with our network so far, but know there's always room to improve. We are also impacted by global supply chain issues when it comes to replacement parts for our network and whilst we're regularly in communication with our suppliers and providers, delays are still experienced. We are listening though and ensuring we communicate any outages or issues, but also glad you raised this here. We want EV owners to share their views, suggestions and concerns so thank you for your honesty.  

EV community admin

New user

• 

7 Messages

Yet another broken set of chargers. Thought I would have another go at using non-Tesla fast chargers only to be extremely frustrated at 2 out of 3 chargers at the Goulburn site not working. Thank God I bought a Tesla so could pop over to the ultra-reliable Supercharger site just down the road.

Bronze user

• 

52 Messages

@ShallowAl​ All three chargers at Goulburn work. The left one is an RTM50 that you need to pay for, but it looks like the freebies, so just pressing the button doesn't do anything. Someone's charging at it literally right now. The middle one looks dead if you only look at the screen (it's been broken since December) but the green/blue/red halo thing at the top will tell you it's working. And the one on the right works normally, though its cables are so far over it doesn't fit cars with charge ports in odd spots.

(edited)

New user

• 

7 Messages

Thanks @PCLoadLetter for the reply, but when I plugged my car into either the right(350kw) or the left(50kw) one, they immediately reported as failed on the app. The screens showed to replace the cable into the charger. I tried both several times.

The middle charger was in use.

Others reported similar problems on the same day and today.

Bronze user

• 

246 Messages

3 months ago

Hello @Lasiorhinus_krefftii , I know it's been a while, but just to give some further updates here regarding access to the NRMA charging network for interstate club members. Whilst we currently only offer a discount for NRMA Members for our network as well as the option for interstate drivers to also become My NRMA Members, we've enabled guest charging, which does not require a Membership to access and use the NRMA network. 

In addition, we've also been working with Chargefox and after successfully trialling, have now made it possible for our EV chargers to be made available through the Chargefox app: https://www.mynrma.com.au/electric-vehicles/charging/nrma-chargers-chargefox-app

Discounted rates are currently not accessible for NRMA members who use the NRMA electric network via the Chargefox app, but this is something that may also change too.