NRMA_Paul's profile
Bronze user

Bronze user

• 

246 Messages

Wednesday, September 27th, 2023 7:09 AM

Introducing NRMA's electric vehicle charging app

Introducing NRMA's electric vehicle charging app

From today, the new EV charging app was rolled out to enhance driver experience with real-time info and payment options. 

To complement the network rollout, NRMA is launching new features within the My NRMA app to enhance drivers’ EV charging experience, including showing charger availability and peak use times, and taking payments for using chargers.

Non-member drivers who arrive at a charger will need to download the app and sign up in order to continue using the NRMA Electric network.

Starting from 27 September, NRMA will switch on charging at three charger location: Sydney Olympic Park, Wallsend and Picton. From this date, costs will vary from 54 cents per KW up to 150 KW and 59 cents per KW above 175 kilowatts for ultra-fast charging.

By the end of October, it is planning to start charging at all its EV fast-charger sites across NSW.

Addressing the issue of queuing and charger availability, NRMA will eventually introduce idle fees, with a  grace period of 15 minutes, but customers who leave their cars plugged in after charging will be charged an extra fee for every minute their vehicle is left plugged in at the station.

Read more at: Introducing NRMA's electric vehicle charging app

Have you downloaded the My NRMA app or used the functionality for EV charging? We're always keen to hear any feedback, improvements or suggestions, so please let us know what you'd like to see.

EV community admin

New user

• 

49 Messages

1 year ago

So glad to see this happening, please speed up the introduction of idle fees once you have ironed out the early bugs in the payment system.
I think 15 minutes grace is still too generous, especially in peak periods. 5 minutes should be enough given you can track charging status in most (all?) car's phone apps.
Perhaps also look at Tesla's idle fee policy which increases the fee depending on availability of stalls at location at any particular time.
Again, thanks for supporting the EV rollout, especially in the regions.

(edited)

Bronze user

• 

72 Messages

1 year ago

I think what's meant is 54 c/kWh (up to 150 kW) and 59 c/kWh (above 175 kW). If referring to power and energy in the same sentence, the units matter.

1 Message

11 months ago

Please consider an RF card system for payment as ChargeFox does. They make things easier and are important when phone coverage is poor. I have used an NRMA charger at a location with no coverage on most phone networks. I would not have been able to charge at that location if payment via the phone app was needed. 

Bronze user

• 

246 Messages

Thanks for the suggestion @Tim_634. It's something we'll pass onto the team as we're really still in early stages of rolling out payment and charging, so hopefully we'll be able to introduce something similar. 

EV community admin