C
New user

New user

• 

38 Messages

Monday, December 19th, 2022 9:03 AM

Idle fees

Once NRMA start charging ev owners to recharge their cars it would be a good idea to also charge idle fees like $1 a minute if your charge is complete and you have not disconnected your car.

Perhaps a 5 min grace period would also be included once charge is complete.

Bronze user

• 

246 Messages

2 years ago

@clayton4115 that's an interesting idea and whilst we are working on a charging app and payment options, fees and charges have yet to be finalised, but I'll put forward the suggestion. 

I definitely think that having visibility of the real-time status of our network including usage and outages would make things a little easier for EV owners, especially as the infrastures continues to grow. 

New user

• 

49 Messages

@NRMA_Paul​ 100% agree with @clayton4115 . The number of people treating charging spots as private parking for EV's while they disappear for hours, is increasing rapidly .

Bronze user

• 

72 Messages

I do think idle fees, if implemented, need to be steep (maybe $2/minute). There's no point if overstaying for 30 minutes is cheaper than paid parking nearby. There is a well known tale in the book Freakonomics about how a child care centre imposed late fees for parents collecting their children. Some parents thought these fees were good value and turned up even later.

If drivers have visibility of the charging session via an app, I wouldn't support a 5 minute grace period.