B
New user

New user

• 

17 Messages

Wednesday, September 6th, 2023 4:58 AM

Latest EV sales now out - and we'd love your input

Hi all, I'd like to introduce myself as the new EV Hub Editor, I'll be providing updates in NRMA's EV news section as well as hanging around here a bit :D

We've just uploaded latest EV sales report (and an outstanding one for July). I'm keen to get feedback from anyone interested to find out what kind of charts you think would be most interesting and easy to absorb. 

Currently I include a top ten for the year, but we may be able to do a little more if there is interest!

Bridie

Bronze user

• 

72 Messages

1 year ago

Hi @BridieEV. This is great! Note that the links you've posted are a bit mixed up. The first one takes me to a 404 page and the second one (for July) takes me to the August sales report.

It would be good to see some state by state breakdowns, too. Not necessarily at the level of individual models, but perhaps just total EVs sold in each month.

New user

• 

17 Messages

Hey thanks - there was a URL issue that got fixed after I posted this. Thanks for the pickup! And yes, I think state by state is definitely something we can include for future reports

Bronze user

• 

246 Messages

1 year ago

A little more than 55,000 new battery electric vehicles (BEVs) rolled onto Australian roads this year, but market share fell to just 6% from its June high of 8.8%, according to the latest data from the Federal Chamber of Automotive Industries (FCAI).

New car sales in August 2023 surged by 15.4% to reach 109,966 units, the second-highest monthly total for the year whilst BEV sales remained under the 7,000 mark for August (6,984). 

- Tesla's Model Y continued to dominate with almost half the total number of BEVs sales for the month
- Newcomer to the space, the MG4 electric hatchback deliveries commenced, heralding a coming onslaught of smaller and more affordable EVs against luxury brands. 

Read on to hear what lies ahead for EV's over the next few months as well as an in-depth look at leader for YTD BEV sales: EV Sales August 2023

Missed last months summary? Check out: EV Sales July 2023

Do you think more affordable models like the Ora and highly anticipated hatchbacks like the BYD Dolphin and MG’s MG4 will shake up the market in Australia?  

Note: This comment was created from a merged conversation originally titled August 2023 EV sales: Tesla, MG4 standout in record month

6 Messages

I wish Tesla would come out with a small form factor vehicle. Now I own a Y I want to replace my Alpha MiTo. There is nothing quite as awesome as the EV.

6 Messages

1 year ago

Not surprising the Tesla Y sales are massive. I have the 20" tires on a 2023 LR and its so sure and smooth to drive on the road. I would almost consider softening suspension a little but you would sacrifice the incredible road handling this vehicle offers. Dead serious when I say I have never driven a vehicle that feels more like an extension of human body than this car. The moment you start to drive you feel completely connected with it and the road. It responds to every twitch you make with immediate and decisive action which is frightening at first but totally amazing when you get the feel for it. Its an astonishing vehicle to own and drive and I would recommend to everyone they should own one. I regularly hop back into my Alpha Mito and the difference between a normal car and the Telsa is so vast it is hard to describe in real terms. I am writing a story on my experiences in the new Tesla from the decision through to the drive while its all still fresh in my memory.

(edited)