B
New user

New user

• 

11 Messages

Thursday, January 5th, 2023 3:07 AM

EV buying advice. what's your buying journey been like?

Hi all. New to the forum here and starting to read up on evs before considering buying one. I live in inner west sydney and seeing more and more of them teslas around. Any advice or tips on researching before buying? handy websites? comparison sites for evs only in oz? interested to also hear what others have done to prepare or what its been like buying an ev here. thanks!

New user

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

Hi Brybro. As a start to my research I found this site very useful. From there you can search for reviews specific to the car of your choice. Keep a lookout for the MRNA EV drive days where you can see and drive many of the available EVs. According to the MRNA site there will be some in the first half of 2023 but there are no dates fixed yet.

New user

• 

11 Messages

Hey @Julian thanks for the site. hadn't come across that one yet but looks good and detailed. appreciate it

Bronze user

• 

246 Messages

2 years ago

Hello @Brybro welcome to the community. Hopefully you'll find lots of useful information from existing owners here too. A couple of suggestions that may be helpful from us, would be to attend one of our EV Drive Days, where you can test drive an electric vehicle, but also speak to owners and experts too. It's a good way to learn more, and get lots of information under one roof too. The next Drive Day is on 11-12 February in Western Sydney - and a free event. We'll also have registrations for test-drives opening up soon and can be booked here. We've also got a heap of information and resources for Buying an EV and a good summary of EV state incentives too. 

Hopefully there are some other great contributions from the community too, but pls do reach out if we can help as well. 

New user

• 

11 Messages

hey @NRMA_Paul the ev drive days thing sounds great. wouldn't mind a test drive! tops just reading about em. thx for the links. I tried this tool out on your website just now https://www.mynrma.com.au/cars-and-driving/electric-vehicles/buying/best-ev but found it a little difficult to use. still very useful for an ev newbie like me but could be more user friendly like this https://findmyev.com.au/ . Nice nrma site otherwise. thx again!

Bronze user

• 

246 Messages

Hey @Brybro, We just today posted the link for bookings for the Drive Day event in Western Sydney, but places can run out, so definitely take a look if you are keen for a test- drive. Appreciate the feedback on the EV search tool, it's good to know honest feedback so we'll pass this onto the team. Glad the other links were really helpful too, but also feel free to post questions to help decide if an EV is the right choice. I'm here if you need too. 

EV community admin

New user

• 

11 Messages

Looks to be sold out now. I think I was too slow to sign up but thx for the message @NRMA_Paul 

Bronze user

• 

246 Messages

@Brybro​ if you are still keen on a test drive for our Drive Day this weekend at Sydney Motorsport Park, there are really limited spots left on Sunday due to cancellations. If you are keen, you can book here

EV community admin

New user

• 

6 Messages

2 years ago

Any Genesis owners here? I'm interested in taking one for a test drive.